Technical Engineering Manager
Lumon Canada is looking for our next Technical Manager to push, inspire and encourage their team members to excel and take ownership of their jobs and ultimately assist in building the future of Lumon in North America!
- We strongly believe that keeping our promises to our customers and one another is the only way to build trust and do business well
- We’re always near to our customers and employees and go the extra mile
- We constantly look for opportunities to build the future together as a team
- We work to build better homes, better lives, and a better world
Reporting to Pauli Karbach, our EVP you will be responsible to oversee the full operations of the technical department in North America. You will work closely with your Area Managers, Business Controller, HR + Marketing Manager, and Production Manager. Other business relationships include group R&D and ICT team. The infinite goal is to grow the technical department profitably and sustainably. The technical manager assists to prepare answers to call for tender by proposing relevant solutions. He/She makes sure projects are safe from risks, evaluates the associated tasks of development and contributes in convincing the client to work with Lumon Canada Inc.
During this upstream phase, then once the project sold, he/she also helps to identify the technical team, trains/communicates with engineers to the project methodology then provides them with all the technical support they might need
- Oversee and maintain the technical department which includes the drafters, engineering, product testing and permitting
Assist and advise all business units in their technical needs while preserving profitability levels
Toronto, Hamilton, Vancouver + Production Facility
- Maintain and communicate adherence to building standards/policies/codes and guidelines to Management
- Live out our values outlined on our “One Lumon” picture
- Lumon’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Team development, training and maintaining of company culture within team
- Maintain customer satisfaction through communicating the process through the proper channels or processes.
- Analyze overall cost of operating department and engineering
- Measure, analyze and report on company KPI’s / Metrics agreed upon by Global and National team
- Focus and help with efficiencies and streamlining processes with Installation and Production via success % meetings
- Work with finance team to review profit levels and budgets year over year
- Work with Controller on approvals of invoices and audit business’ expenses
- Uphold company guidelines in all communication, written or verbal.
- Liaise with cities and engineer
- Maintain and uphold annual accreditation of CCMC Certification in all departments
- Oversee full permit process beginning at time ticket is submitted by Design consultant to final sign off from engineer
- Liaise with engineer and sub-contractors to ensure builds are completed in accordance with the stamped drawings
- Oversee ICT department and assist in developing ICT services and processes within the organisation
- Responsible for ensuring that information required by the drafting department is accurate and available.
- Diploma level or higher of education
- Knowledge base of auditing and certification in CSA, ISO, ANSI and CCMC
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or management a plus
- Management and/or leadership experience
- Experience in the building industry or renovation business
- Lumon product knowledge an asset
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work under high-pressure, excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge or experience in full sales cycle
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Coaching, fostering Teamwork & giving feedback
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Quality Management
- Results Driven
- AutoCAD and Revit Skills
- Ability to read drawings and give feedback on adjustments according to Lumon product
- Experience in working with different municipalities and cities in Canada
- Engineering background an asset
- ICT knowledge an asset
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- Good analytical skills to forecast and plan workload
- Good computer skills – external Microsoft Office and Internal
- Minimum 2 years Lumon working experience an asset
- Software programs:
- Such as salesTori, repTori, inTori and mainTori
This is a permanent, full-time, long-term position with competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to be a part of a close-knit team. Additionally, as a rapidly growing global company that values its employees and desires to provide a learning atmosphere, Lumon offers plenty of room for professional growth and development.
We work according to our values – At Lumon, we stay true to our values in the work in which we do. In the eyes of the customer and the employer, being the best and the most desired is no easy task, but one we are willing to take on together.
We help you to grow personally and professionally – We believe that everyone has something to learn from one another. We support each other on a journey of growth, because life is all about learning. We understand that mistakes happen, and that together is the way to resolve them.
We listen to our employees - Growth and development are dependent on feedback. We listen to what our employees have to say and collectively work together to build a better future, measuring the satisfaction of our employees three times a year.
Are you interested? Join our team by applying before 20th January and we will contact you as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact: EVP Pauli Karbach, +1 416 716 9763 or HR Amanda Holanda + 1 604 314 1336